× For help and support with ALLBenchmark in general

file Question Cat wont use GPU instead uses Intel 4000

10 years 5 months ago #832 by John-Aaron Hill
I have a Sager 9150 laptop with a Nvidia GTX 670 MX with 3072 MB DDR5 using Optimus. When I run Cat it only uses the Intel 4000 graphics instead of the Dedicated card. I have set the program to run using my gpu in the Nvidia setting but it still only uses Intel 4000 graphics. Does anyone know how to resolve this so I can get a true score instead of a low 5000 range score with the Intel 4000 graphics. I really want to know how my GTX 670 MX will score using Catzilla. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #833 by John-Aaron Hill
I even tried disabling the Intel 4000 driver and apparently my display is tied to those drivers because when I disabled the driver, my screen defaulted to crappy 640 resolution. I re-enabled the Intel graphics driver, rebooted, and my screen returned to normal. I can run any game with my GPU but Cat defaults to Intel 4000 graphics.

10 years 5 months ago #847 by dakson dayllom
will consider you tried everything in your nvidia panel.
in that case I recommend trying to disable the Intel 4000 graphics directly in the BIOS.
if not possible disables through BIOS (this is possible on my Dell Latitude E6520) and try to disable the Intel 4000 graphics on the control panel of Nvidia GTX 670 MX also did not work.

so I know a risky maneuver that could work.
already tested a time ago in my notebook, I can not remember if it worked.
is the follows

try disables on the device manage from Windows, after their graphs become ugly, restart the notebook and wait for the OS to force the use of another form of rendering, which may end up being your CPU.
if don't worked, just able the Intel 4000 graphics device again and reboot.

sorry the english, I never took it seriously practicing english
to speak the truth ... I learned English with games, is why use a translator to improve the text
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michal 'bonzaj' Staniszewski

10 years 5 months ago #857 by Aaron Grizzle

dakson dayllom wrote: will consider you tried everything in your nvidia panel.
in that case I recommend trying to disable the Intel 4000 graphics directly in the BIOS.
if not possible disables through BIOS (this is possible on my Dell Latitude E6520) and try to disable the Intel 4000 graphics on the control panel of Nvidia GTX 670 MX also did not work.

so I know a risky maneuver that could work.
already tested a time ago in my notebook, I can not remember if it worked.
is the follows

try disables on the device manage from Windows, after their graphs become ugly, restart the notebook and wait for the OS to force the use of another form of rendering, which may end up being your CPU.
if don't worked, just able the Intel 4000 graphics device again and reboot.

sorry the english, I never took it seriously practicing english
to speak the truth ... I learned English with games, is why use a translator to improve the text

Can't disabled the Intel HD4000 on these systems. the 2 cards act together like the old Monster II cards used to do back in day. Intel runs 2d then GeForce is supposed to kick in during 3D. I have a Sager 9170 with GTX 680 and I have same problem. Cat says it is using the Intel adapter so either the program needs to be updated or drivers from NVidia or Intel need to be updated or the Geforce card is being used and just misreported by Cat... Either way, I am not getting close to the performance the OP is.... my best is 1800

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #892 by dakson dayllom
you can not, but I can.
as my Dell latitude 6520e has the ability to disable support for optimus (nvidia tech) and use only the dedicated GPU, I decided to test.

after an initial "strangeness" and some reboots ...
the result was basically the same (less than 100 points difference)

what happens is the program (Catzilla) identifies the wrong GPU.

Here you can see the "big" difference with own eyes ...

without disabling:
www.catzilla.com/showresult?lp=151155
disabled:
www.catzilla.com/showresult?lp=151161

and I'm happy because my CPU is a monster (as expected) ... and I know how to partially solve the problem with the GPU, just wonder if it would be possible to use PCI Express 16X slot instead of 1x (or 2x, I have to check).
someone here can send me an PM saying that solutions can use without compromising the output 1394?