× For help and support with ALLBenchmark in general

question-circle Question GTX680 SLi one card will go idle during testing

11 years 3 months ago #122 by Jason Alt
I got another 680 and ran the catzilla test in SLI and cant get SLI to work properly with Catzilla. During the loading screens the GPUs boost to there clocks but once the test starts the second GPU will down clock to idle freqs. I tried the catzilla profile via NCP but that didn't change anything. 3D Mark 11 & Heaven 3.0 bench properly with SLi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michal 'bonzaj' Staniszewski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #125 by Michal 'bonzaj' Staniszewski
Hi Jason!

Hmm it's weird since your result for 2xSLI on OC'ed 680 seems to be quite right. We read that the cards were both OC'ed chip to 1200 MHz and memory to around 1650 MHz.

Could you try to rename ALLBenchmark exe to afr-friendlyd3d.exe? Please write me if this have affected your score and your clock readings.

Cheers!
Michal

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #128 by Jason Alt
I was over at guru3d and posted the same topic and someone said to set AFR 2 in NCP to get SLi working. I never posted the scores that I got when SLI was not working.Thanks for the reply!

11 years 3 months ago #148 by Joshua Zane
I also got a second GTX 680 and my second 680 is going to idle shortly after launch, I did try the rename the EXE and that did not change anything

you can see above that one card is going to idle during testing that cap is from about 30 seconds in
Attachments:

11 years 3 months ago #150 by Jason Alt
You have to go to Nvidia Control Panel and select AFR 2 for the SLI settings. (Alternate Frame Rendering 2)

11 years 3 months ago #152 by Joshua Zane
Thanks i though i had tried that but this time it scaled quite well got 9395. on the final version will we have to do this or will it be fixed?