question-circle Pytanie Curious about my scores ...

10 lata 8 miesiąc temu #591 przez Martin Lalumiere
Hi all !
Love this bench, work's like a charm. Only thing is , when I compare my results I see people with lower cpu's or equal to mine and older generation of Video cards and the really beat the crap out of me. Even if I look at the clock speeds it's pretty much the same thing. Are the new Nvidia 326.19 driver's to blame ??

I'm just curious to know why this is...pretty weird.

Proszę Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się, aby dołączyć do konwersacji.

10 lata 8 miesiąc temu #593 przez Tugrul_512bit
Newer cards gain performance mostly from physics and structural research. They can work at higher clock speed, their cores are more scalar and they have new technologies such as zero core power and cuda x.x. Their programming became easier this way. When you compare a 1GHz GTX580 against 1GHz GTX660, the old one surely destroys but its not healthy for that old card. Similar thing can be seen in HD7850 vs HD5850 when their frequencies are equal. For the CPU part, the latest version offloads some of the work to gpu so score is more indepentent from cpu. If the cpu-physics is done on cpu and if it is done with SSE, and if you have AVX, there is a possibility that you cannot gain much. Because many of the AVX commands are similar to two SSE commands at the same time but if the ALU/FPU count is same, then performance will not be different.

Proszę Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się, aby dołączyć do konwersacji.